Kodak Moment...shoot it

My photo blog...

           burad. Get yours at flagrantdisregard.com/flickr

Monday, July 03, 2006

Panning... ♫♫♫


Panning... ♫♫♫
Originally uploaded by bocavermelhal.b..

Photography taken in Nusa Dua
Bali – Indonesia

The photograph was taken handheld, panning the action of this heron was too deathly fast to have any hope of freezing the entire bird body and head in full-flight action. To take pictures of moving subjects we have several options. The most obvious is to select a fast shutter speed to freeze the subject but then in this case due to the light available at that precisely timing I would lose all the details on its face coz the picture would be too dark. Also if you stop a moving bird in its flight it will look static and lack impact. A better technique is to select a slower speed (in this case at 0.006 sec - 1/160) and I followed the bird as I took the photograph and my focus was aimed at the bird’s eye (btw you can see it is very sharp and I didn’t lost the red color). This is panning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home